Enriching day-tours, miscellaneous attractions & choices per interests
FYI: in Greek, “Greece” = Hellas!!! Greeks = Hellenes. Anything Greek = Hellenic
Tours: art, history, architecture.
Classes: to your specifications/needs, classroom or private lessons
- Acropolis; museum; Plaka-Syntagma-Monastiraki stroll, eat; (time, weather permitted - sunset at Lycavitos)
- Delphi; museum
- Olympia; museum; (Ahaia Claus distillery / ouzo making for adult groups)
- Mycenae; Epidaurus; (if applicable, optional play)
- Ancient Corinth; Isthmus canal (optional cruise)
Cultural experiences: to take with you & forever be inspired to enjoy!
- Optional Language study. Greek or English; certified teachers. See pertinent pages.
- 1, 4-hour session on “Hellas in time” (ancient to today history basics & its world footprints)
Cultural life: theatre, festivals, sports, coffee time, interaction time, etc.
Exploring the Local Country-side - individual or group options:
- Greek dance lesson(s) – opa!
- Culinary seasonal cuisine; family-style meal-times – ‘ygeia sou!
Nearby – individual or group options:
- An olive grove; types of this native health-sustaining fruit, a Greek-diet staple (& honorary hero’s wreath!)
- Olive oil processing, qualities, uses (olives ripe in winter; collection & oil production follows)
- A honey collection (aristo quality = famously excellent, you’d want 1 kilo for home!)
- A grape grove (vineyards); ripping in late Summer, wine making is an early Fall event by most families
- Fruit trees & seasonal tastes, local farms (a fresh from the tree fruit is a palette’s ultimate pleasure!)
- A galactocomio, making Greek yogurt, Feta types & other Greek cheeses
- Herbs collection - Hike up mountain-sides in the aroma of oregano, chamomile, mountain tea, etc. (great gifts!)
- Stroll & Explore the serene Pefkia – The old beautiful pine forest of ecological value, along town’s beach
- Churches Sunday mass – Xylocastro square cathedral, etc.; anyone welcome. Greeks = 98% Orthodox Christians
- Town’s farmers market – is a true seasonal reflection of local products, businesses; an open bazzar
- Sports – all sea & mountain sports for the novice or professional; soccer, volley, tennis
- Faragi Fonissa – intriguing canyon for professionals
- Panagia Korifi monastery – spectacular panoramic views (hike up? Spend night?)
- Pellini; Trikala – Aristonauts grounds!
- Stymphalia lake (Hercules’ birds)
- Kalavrita – ag. Lavra; up the mountain by rack-railway through beautiful canyon terrain (or hike up?!)
- Loutraki springs – therapeutic spa baths
- Spilea Dirou – stalactites & stalagmites caves
- Sparta; Mistra; Monemvasia; Kalamata olives – spectacular secluded beaches, breathtaking mountain terrain
- Nauplion. Nemea; did you know Nemea games are older than Olympic games & are yearly performed on-site?!
- Zakinthos island – an Ionian island popular for its beaches and sea-side caves